It’s no secret that Jacksonville, FL is one of the most humid cities in the country. And when the summer heat hits, it can be unbearable. That’s why it’s so important to make sure your AC unit is in good working condition.
Unfortunately, many people don’t know how to properly maintain their AC unit. As a result, they end up with a broken AC unit that costs them a lot of money to fix.
If you’re not sure how to maintain your AC unit, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll give you a complete guide to AC maintenance in Jacksonville, FL.
We’ll start by discussing why AC maintenance is so important. Then, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide to properly maintaining your AC unit. Finally, we’ll provide some tips on how to troubleshoot common AC problems.
So if you’re ready to learn more about AC maintenance in Jacksonville, FL, let’s get started!
Why Is AC Maintenance Important?
There are a few reasons why AC maintenance is so important.
- Proper AC maintenance can help extend the life of your AC unit.
- It can prevent costly repairs down the road.
- It can improve the efficiency of your AC unit, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- It can improve the indoor air quality in your home, which is important for your health.
Those are just a few of the reasons why AC maintenance is so important. But there are many more. So let’s take a closer look at each one.
Proper AC maintenance can help extend the life of your AC unit.
Just like any other appliance in your home, your AC unit will eventually need to be replaced. But if you properly maintain your AC unit, you can extend its life. And that can save you a lot of money in the long run.
It can prevent costly repairs down the road.
Proper AC maintenance can also prevent costly repairs down the road. If you don’t maintain your AC unit, small problems can turn into big ones. And those big problems can be very expensive to fix.
It can improve the efficiency of your AC unit, which can save you money on your energy bills.
If your AC unit is not properly maintained, it will have to work harder to cool your home. As a result, it will use more energy and your energy bills will go up.
It can improve the indoor air quality in your home, which is important for your health.
Proper AC maintenance can also improve indoor air quality in your home. If your AC unit is not properly maintained, it can circulate dust and other allergens in your home. And that can be harmful to your health, especially if you have allergies or asthma.
These are some of the most important reasons why AC maintenance is so important. But there are many more. So if you want to keep your AC unit in good working condition, make sure you properly maintain it.
How to Properly Maintain Your AC Unit?
Now that we’ve discussed the importance of AC maintenance, let’s take a look at how to properly maintain your AC unit. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
Change the air filter.
One of the most important things you can do to maintain your AC unit is to change the air filter. Depending on the type of air filter you have, you should change it every one to three months.
Clean the coils.
Another important thing you can do to maintain your AC unit is to clean the coils. The coils are responsible for transferring heat, so it’s important to keep them clean. You can clean the coils yourself or hire a professional to do it for you.
Clean the drain line.
The drain line is responsible for carrying away water that condenses on the coils. If the drain line becomes clogged, it can cause water to build up and damage the coils. To prevent this, make sure you regularly clean the drain line.
Check the Freon level.
The Freon is a refrigerant that helps cool the air. If the Freon level gets too low, it can cause your AC unit to work harder and use more energy. To prevent this, make sure you regularly check the Freon level and add more if necessary.
Schedule an annual tune-up.
Finally, make sure you schedule an annual tune-up for your AC unit. During a tune-up, a professional will inspect your AC unit and perform any necessary maintenance. This is the best way to keep your AC unit in good working condition.
AC maintenance is very important. But it’s also easy to do if you know what to do. Just follow the steps we’ve outlined above and you’ll be well on your way to keeping your AC unit in good working condition.
How Often Should You Perform AC Maintenance?
Are you wondering how often one should perform AC maintenance? The answer depends on a few factors, such as the type of AC unit you have and how often you use it.
Here are some general guidelines:
- If you have a central AC unit, you should have it serviced at least once a year.
- If you have a window AC unit, you should have it serviced at least once every two years.
- If you have an evaporative cooler, you should have it serviced at least once every three years.
- If you use your AC unit frequently, you should have it serviced more often.
These are just general guidelines. If you’re not sure how often you should have your AC unit serviced, consult a professional. They’ll be able to give you specific advice based on the type of AC unit you have and how often you use it.
What Should You Expect From an AC Maintenance Service?
When you hire a professional to perform AC maintenance, there are certain things you should expect from the service. Here’s what you should expect:
- A thorough inspection of your AC unit – The technician should inspect all aspects of your AC unit, including the coils, condenser, compressor, and Lineset. They should also check the Freon levels and test the unit’s overall performance.
- A cleaning of your AC unit – The technician will clean all the major components of your AC unit, including the coils, condenser, and other parts. This will remove any dirt or debris that could potentially cause problems with your unit’s performance.
- A tune-up of your AC unit – The technician will perform a tune-up of your AC unit to ensure that it is running at peak efficiency. This tune-up will include things like checking the Freon levels and making sure the unit’s parts are properly lubricated.
- A report on their findings – After the AC maintenance service is complete, the technician should provide you with a report detailing their findings. This report should include any recommendations for repairs or replacement parts that may be needed.
- A warranty on their work – Most AC maintenance services will offer a warranty on their work. This warranty will cover the cost of any repairs that are needed as a result of their work.
By knowing what to expect from an AC maintenance service, you can be sure that you’re getting the most out of the service. Be sure to ask about these things when you’re scheduling an appointment for AC maintenance.
Weather Engineers is the most trusted name in AC maintenance and repair in Jacksonville, FL. Our team of experienced technicians can perform a complete inspection of your AC unit and provide you with a detailed report of their findings. We also offer a warranty on our work, so you can be confident that your AC unit is in good hands.
Contact Weather Engineers today at 904-356-3963 to schedule an appointment for AC maintenance. We look forward to helping you keep your AC unit in top condition!