Job Description – Warehouse Supervisor
|Job Title:||Ware House Supervisor|
|Reporting to:||Vice President of Operations|
|Date Prepared:||October 18, 2016|
The warehouse supervisor is responsible for overseeing the safe receipt and storage of equipment, parts and supplies. They ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock. They plan the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and organize special requirements as required for delivery and job needs. The warehouse supervisor is responsible for the storeroom and all facets including ordering, receiving, processing, parts room, Tool cage, Inventory, recording and distributing supplies and materials; preparing and maintaining detailed records and files. Supervision is exercised over the parts runner and delivery process. The warehouse supervisor is also responsible for overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, control and coordinate all aspects of the warehouse, receiving and distribution functions.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.( to include operational & personnel policies and procedures) Ensure complete receipt and dispersal of materials entering or leaving warehouse.
- Approve requisitions, analyze work orders. Check out tools to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and or shipped.
- Unload trucks and containers, check in merchandise ( verify no damages or shortages)
- Manage, oversee, supervise and reconcile warehouse and fleet inventory.
- Maintain excellent leadership and supervisory skills to motivate employees to higher achievements and to keep the departmental morale high.
- Operate a forklift and train other employees per OSHA regulations.
- Brief staff on materials to be loaded or on assembly of items needed to be delivered.
- Check with staff for changes that could affect delivery schedule; make schedule adjustments as needed.
- Review paperwork from deliveries to determine if additional work requirements will occur.
- Check delivery invoices thoroughly and completely, if needed, follow-up with vendor in a timely manner. Prepare additional paperwork or communication emails as necessary.
- Initiate all requests for replenishment of stock. Warehouse is responsible for warehouse purchasing.
- Work with suppliers on issues pertaining to parts performance, reliability, pricing and availability.
- Negotiate orders with suppliers to ensure prompt and timely receipt of material as well as best price.
- Communicate with service manager on price changes so flat rate pricing can be updated.
- Oversee the receipt and dispersal of materials entering or leaving warehouse; help with this task when required.
- Perform monthly stock room inventories and report discrepancies to VP of Operations
- Support corporate goals, mission and vision.
- Continuously update and implement applicable federal, state and local government laws, rules and regulations, as well as corporate policy and philosophy.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures.
- Attend and maintain safety training as required by OSHA to include safety standards within the warehouse.
|The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.|
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma supplemented by courses in inventory control. Basic computer skills and considerable experience in warehouse management. Fork lift certified. A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Must possess and maintain valid, clean state driver’s license and the ability to drive all types of vehicles in the corporate fleet.
- Maintain excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to work with all personnel levels, customers and suppliers. Develop basic sales estimating and system design skills.
- Ability to work in high, open places.
- Retain the ability to regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Possess good vision (either naturally or with correction).
- Maintain tidy appearance and energetic attitude, report to work on time, practice safety always, and make your work area cleaner, neater than when you arrived.
- Some standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
|Skill Requirements: (X = Required for job)|
|X||Typing/computer keyboard||X||Verbal communication|
|X||Utilize computer software (specified above)||X||Written communication|
|X||Retrieve and compile information||X||Public speaking/group presentations|
|X||Maintain records/logs||X||Research, analyze and interpret information|
|X||Verify data and information||X||Investigate, evaluate, recommend action|
|X||Organize and prioritize information/tasks||X||Leadership and supervisory, managing people|
|X||Operate office equipment||X||Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)|
|X||Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)||X||Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics)|
|Physical Requirements: (X = Required for job)|
|X||Sitting for extended periods||Lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds various items|
|X||Standing for extended periods||X||Lifting/carrying more than 20 pounds various items|
|X||Extended periods viewing computer screen||X||Repetitive Motions|
|Other (List):||Other (List):|
|Hazards: (X = Required for job)|
|X||Normal office environment||X||Electrical current|
|x||Toxic or caustic chemicals||Housekeeping and/or cleaning agents|
|x||Flammable, explosive gases||X||Proximity to moving mechanical parts|