Central air conditioning is an important part of keeping your home comfortable during hot summer months. Having a well-working AC can be the difference between a pleasant day and an unbearable one. But, like any other machine, wear and tear can affect its performance over time. Knowing what to look out for when it comes to signs that your AC needs repair can help you get it fixed quickly and efficiently. Here are five common signs that you should schedule central air conditioner repair in Jacksonville, FL.
- Your Air Conditioner Isn’t Cooling Your Home Properly: One sign of an issue with your AC is if the unit isn’t cooling your home properly or not cooling at all. If the temperature in your house isn’t reaching a comfortable level, it’s time to schedule an AC repair.
- Your Air Conditioner is Making Strange Noises: If your air conditioner starts making strange noises such as banging, whistling, or hissing noises, these can all be signs that the unit needs attention or AC tune-up service in Jacksonville, FL. It could be something minor like a loose screw or belt that needs tightening but it’s always better to let a professional diagnose and fix the issue.
- You Notice Leaks Around the Unit: Like any machine with moving parts, your AC can sometimes spring leaks which will leave puddles of water around the unit or on your walls and flooring. This is usually due to clogged filters and other pieces of debris clogging up the system. Water damage can be costly so it’s best to contact an AC technician in Jacksonville, FL to fix these issues as soon as possible.
- You See a Buildup of Ice on the Unit: If you notice a buildup of ice on your air conditioner, this could be caused by low refrigerant levels or a blocked condensation drain line. In either case, it’s important to have a professional come out and take a look at the unit as soon as possible.
- The Air Conditioner Just Isn’t Blowing Out Cold Air: If you turn your air conditioner on but it just isn’t blowing out cold air like it used to, then this could be a sign of an issue with the compressor. This requires professional AC repair in Jacksonville, FL to diagnose and fix the problem.
These are just some of the common signs that your air conditioner may need repair or replacement. If you’ve experienced any issues like these with your unit, don’t hesitate to contact a qualified technician for help. Taking care of your AC now can save you time and money in the long run!
Weather Engineers is a trusted AC repair and maintenance service provider in Jacksonville, FL. We offer fast, reliable, and affordable services to keep your air conditioner working like new.
Give us a call today for more information or to know more about our AC maintenance cost in Jacksonville, FL.